vineri, 28 martie 2008

Confessions of a Virgo

A few days ago I cleaned and tidied my closet and all of my clothes were finally in perfect order. Today, there was chaos, again, after all that hard work that I did, again, and all that time spent tiding, again, instead of having fun or whatever. So why do I keep trying? It's clear that I'll never be able to keep everything in perfect order in my room. What bothers me the most is that all the possible zodiacs say that my sign is the embodiment of order and tidiness...

But enough complaining about my (un)sense of order regarding my closet. That is one (probably the only one) of the Virgo qualities which I don’t seem to have. But, hey, I do have all of the Virgo flaws, don’t I? The first one would be my criticism which I apply on pretty much everything and everyone that surrounds me. This is why most people think that I am never satisfied with something and the feeling of content is unknown to me. In reality, I consider my criticism as being constructive and when I criticize I feel like giving some good advice that will help improve things. But I am not always understood and so, I am sometimes considered as being harsh to others. I also criticize me a lot and expect that everything I do turns out perfect, which is pretty much impossible. This is why I get easily discouraged, because if something doesn’t reach perfection, then it’s just crap. “Pretty good” doesn’t exist to me. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by my standards that I surrender to defeat.

I also worry a lot about everything: I worry about the future every day, I worry about the water being polluted when I take a shower, I worry about never finding a proper job that suites me, I worry about being a good student, I worry about the fact that plastic is not biodegradable when I see someone throwing a plastic bag on the street, I worry about getting old, even though I’m only 19, and when there’s absolutely nothing to worry about I start thinking what would happen if… and build up terrifying scenarios. Pretty stupid, right? One other thing that gets me worried is not having a task. I always feel the need to be of service, to improve myself, to plan something, to reach a higher peak. If I don’t have anything to do I feel useless and I get depressed. That also happens when I do something wrong, and start victimizing myself that I’m worthless. Therefore I can never relax and say that everything is all right. There’s always something on my mind.

In case I’ve scarred someone that I am a terrible Virgo, or worse, that Virgos are such unbearable creatures, let me prove you wrong. I don’t suffer of low self esteem, I am a very realistic person, like most Virgos, and this is why I can tell precisely which my qualities are and which my flaws. Actually, I am aware that my flaws could easily be turned into qualities, and sometimes I even succeed. My criticism can be turned into an analytical eye, keen on details, which can easily see what can be improved. My worrying so much can be turned into being responsible and reliable. When I say something it usually stays that way and will always be the last one to back up from something planned. My desire of perfection makes me work hard and obtain good results in most domains. I am very meticulous and disciplined when I need to be (except when I need to tidy my room :P). And the fact that I always have to do something keeps me away from laziness.

I sometimes discover that my sense of duty is ways stronger than anyone else’s in my group and I’m amazed of how carefree are some of my friends. But even though I criticize and judge a lot, I am very tolerant and I can get along well with a wide variety of characters. This sense of duty also makes Virgos to help other and try to create a better world. I can say that I am thrilled when someone asks for my advice or my help. We Virgos are also honest and pure at thoughts and, most of the times humble and shy. I may not have a lot of friends because of that but the ones I have, I keep for the rest of my life and I am true to them as long as they don’t disappoint me. With the rest of the people I keep a diplomatic relationship as I don’t like conflicts. I am actually good at solving conflicts because I am calm and very logic in thinking and so, people can easily understand my point of view if I care to explain it. I like to argue and to express my point of view when I know I am right, and nothing makes me feel better than winning a battle of words especially if my opponent was as smart or smarter than me. I do have a big ego and I’m stubborn sometimes but that helps me fight for my beliefs.
Another thing that characterizes Virgos is the love of art, simplicity and beauty, even though we rarely consider something truly beautiful.

I am very creative and I like to make things but also to analyze things that are already made. I have good taste and a lot of common sense (if I don’t it means I’m doing it on purpose) and I am a moral person. I like funny people and I have a strong sense of humor myself, which I am not afraid to use, and which turns into sarcasm and irony when I am mad. And even though I sometimes seem cold and unable to love, like Virgos usually seem, I love deeply and with all my being. I get easily attached to people but don’t show it because I’m afraid of expressing my feelings. I’m a genuine introverted but beneath that icy layer I hide a sensible and caring soul, great hopes and expectations, beautiful dreams of happiness and the mentality of a candid child, always ready to play and to express his joy.

I discovered what being a Virgo meant a long time ago, when I was very small and my mother gave me a book with the description of each sign. Back then I didn't even have a well defined personality to compare it with the description of a typical Virgo, but I have grown to see that my sign really suits me and all the other persons born between the 23rd of August and the 22nd of September that I have met. I became a sort of an expert in Virgos because not only me but also my parents, my uncle, some of my best friends and my one true love are Virgos. Being a Virgo is never the same, it’s a true adventure and a delight to her and the people that surround her. Virgos are true aristocrats, proud, witty and catchy, that carry the burden of being very easily misunderstood. Recognize the merits of a Virgo, be loyal to her and you will have her at your feet for the rest of your life.

Un comentariu:

Lazy Demeter spunea...

OMG this is soooo true about virgos. I am a virgo as well, and I can totally relate to what you wrote. :)